Top 5 Reasons to Use Abbey Road Realty
1Over 30 years of Combined ExperienceLen obtained his Florida Broker’s licensed in 1991 and Abby obtained hers in 2006. They are both committed to customer service and meeting their client’s needs.
2Easy CommunicationAbbey Road Realty is a multi generational and multilingual brokerage, very versatile and willing to accommodate their customers preferences in technology and communications.
3EducatorsEducation is very important for Abbey Road Realty members, because knowledge is the tool that empowers their customers. They are continuously looking to help their customers make educated decisions about their real estate portfolios
4Revolutionary TechnologyBeing very techie, almost to the point of nerdy, Abbey Road Realty members enjoy the benefits technology has to offer and are always looking to improve their customers overall experience.
5The Ultimate Customer Service PackageAbbey Road Realty has developed the ingenious SHARP Program, which guarantees More Money in your pocket, with zero risk.
In Florida homeowners enjoy a legal protection known as Homestead.
Homestead has a dual purpose. First, a legal protection against debtors. Should you fall in hard times and cannot pay to your vendors, your home will be protected under this law.
Normally, vendors can come after your assets, but not if you file for homestead. The exemption to that rule of course would be if the mortgage is not paid. In that case, the bank does have the right to foreclose on the property even if it is someone’s homestead.
Second, Florida homeowners enjoy a discount on their taxes. They receive $50,000 reduction on their assessment value. In addition, homesteaded properties get to claim the “Save our Homes Tax”, which means the taxes cannot increase more than 3% of their assessed value per year or the Consumer Price Index, whichever is less.
In order to qualify, the homeowners must have possession of the property as of December 31st and have until March 1st to complete the application.
Abbey Road Realty encourages all homeowners to file for homestead protection. Each county has its own application. If you live in Orange County Florida, Click Here for the application. If you live in Seminole County Florida, Click Here.
Did you know that offering a Home Warranty can sell your home faster?
According to the National Home Warranty Association, a Home Warranty can speed up a sale by 50% and increase the contract price by 3%
Buyers love to know the house’s major appliances are covered in the event of a malfunction. Knowing the home they are purchasing is essentially headache free, drives buyers to up their bids. Simply put, buyers are willing to pay more for peace of mind.
Sellers on the other hand are starting to realize how home warranties affect their marketability. As a consequence, home warranties are becoming more and more popular.
At Abbey Road Realty, we believe in peace of mind. That is why we offer home warranties to all our buyers and sellers.
To ask for more information about the plans we offer, or to schedule a Free, no obligation consultation Click here
Transaction Brokerage Representation is the most popular form of representation because the broker is allowed to represent both the buyer and the seller with no additional paperwork required.
If no specific form is signed showing representation, then you are in a transaction brokerage representation. The only instance requiring that you sign a form to be represented as a transaction broker is if you were represented first as a single agency and, for whatever reason, decided to change.
Transaction Brokerage Representation requires that the broker:
- Deal honestly and fairly
- Account for all funds
- Use skill, care and diligence in the transaction
- Disclose all known facts that materially affect the value of residential real property and are not readily observable to the buyer
- Present all offers and counter offers in a timely manner, unless a party has previously directed the licensee otherwise in writing
- Limit confidentiality, unless waived in writing by a party. This limited confidentially will prevent disclosure that the seller will accept a price less than the asking or listed price, that the buyer will pay a price greater than the price submitted in a written offer, of the motivation of any party for selling or buying property, that a seller or buyer will agree to financing terms other than those offered, or of any other information requested by a party to remain confidential; and
- Any additional duties that are entered into by this or by separate written agreement. Limited representation means that the buyer or seller is not responsible for the acts of the licensee. Additionally, parties are giving up their rights to the undivided loyalty of the licensee. This aspect of limited representation allows a licensee to facilitate a real estate transaction by assisting both the buyer and the seller, but a licensee will not work to represent one party to the detriment of the other party when acting as a transaction broker to both parties